Monday, July 4, 2011

Farewell Gunnar




Okay, I am not a blogger, but with Gunnar getting deployed it seems the thing to do. He left this morning. We made good time to the airport to get him there with plenty of time to make his flight. We dropped him off at the curb. I am glad we did not park and walk him in- I don't think I could have handled that.
I have done better today than I expected. I have shed a few tears, but no great break downs. I keep telling myself training will only be two months and I will hopefully get to see him on his break. Two months is really not that long. I think of how quickly these last elven months with Avi have gone, and I am sure the time will pass faster then I expect.
Last night we had a bbq with Gunnar's and my family. It was so nice to be together. The kids were so cute together. Avi loved the watermelon, corn on the cob, and steak- What a girl!! We got her dressed in her navy outfit and took pictures with Gunnar and me- she looked simply adorable! When Gunnar went back inside to change he gave her his hat. Normally, she cannot stand wearing hats- and did not surprise me when she took it off, but she shocked us all when she put it right back on- happy as a clam!
After dinner Avi, Gunnar, and I received blessings. It was wonderful to have the peace and guidance from the Lord. I am so thankful for the priesthood. Especially as Gunnar is away, it is comforting to think I can have him for eternity, so really what's a year?
For the rest of the night we played games, finally at two a.m. games concluded and Gunnar packed. After about an hour of sleep we woke up and drove him to airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment