Sunday, December 4, 2011

First Sunday in December!

27 weeks pregnant. 6 weeks of bed rest. If all goes well- 9 more weeks bed rest to go (well, if things go REALLY well, maybe my cervix will hold and I can get off bed rest before and be okay.... hummm...)
No Gunnar today, but he certainly has been on my mind. I went to lds.org while everyone was at church. I watched the the video about the temple in El Salvador. It was marvelous. I watched the next video on the queue, it was "Things as They Really Are". The clip is made from part of the CES by Elder Bednar. When he addresses gaming. It is a big deal to me because it is one of the biggest points of conflict in our marriage- I despise it, and Gunnar enjoys it. To me he has wasted enough of his life- I think it is time he grows up and becomes a real man. He has cut way down on his play since he married me- but I frankly have zero tolerance for it. I hate it every time.(I don't mind a group getting together to play Rock Band, or something like Wii sports...) I told him before we got married he needed to quit the games or find another girl. Yes, I know they can be entertaining, I played them for a couple of years in grade school but after that I got a life! I could keep going on about the negativity I see coming from them... Anyway, thought it was a good clip and I liked the article that related "Getting Real". I went on to find more quotes and articles on the Church website about gaming. I hope Gunnar enjoys what I share with him.
We watched the first presidency Christmas devotional tonight. It is always so lovely. I think I always need to hear the reminders to refocus on the Savior. I loved Pres. Utchdorf's use of the The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
Avi looked so cute today! Erin dressed her in the dress she got from her dress she got from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson last year (12 month dress-we now don't roll up the sleeves to have it fit :)). She also wore a furry white coat- she looked like a doll!
Avi is so funny. We got a bag of tangerines from the Nelson's this year- Avi, though she should know better by now because she keeps doing it, still tries to eat the peel and the seeds-she will pick one up put it in her mouth and then spit it out- she is doing the same thing with bits of the paper towel she rips off of the one I put down to catch the juice she is dribbling...
This evening Jessica, the neighbor came over for a little bit. She had brought her son who is about two months older than Avi. For the first time-that I have ever seen- Avi pushed Jaxon out of the way- so she could get to the little boy to play with him. I was shocked! Jaxon pushed away!! Avi ran over to the little boy and smiled at him, maybe tried to him a kiss, and he just kind of stared back. I was thought it was rather cute.
Okay- so maybe I have been a member of the church since I was eight and I am a returned missionary- but in all that time I was not sure if the "D" in the name of the church was capitalized. I looked it up tonight- The name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Now I can start writing my tithing checks correctly :).

No comments:

Post a Comment