Sunday, October 9, 2011

chicken cordon bleu and carpets

Cleaned the carpets this weekend- the house in an upheaval, slowly settling back. I am so glad I was finally able to do it. We were super blessed because my mom's visiting teacher owns a carpet cleaner, so I just had to buy soap. When it was done- I was tired and blistered, but much happier with Avi toddling about on cleaner floors.
I have been reading The Help. I marvel that these things happened so recently. How can people be so cruel to one another?
We went to Erin's the other day. Avi got to try on Aliea's tinker bell costume- ya it fits! She will be so cute for Halloween. Erin made baked hot chocolate-oh! baby! what a chocolate fix! I have been craving chocolate so bad- with Avi too- I think Avi came out half chocolate ice cream.
Speaking of Avi and sweets- I have been a bad mom this week. I went to a friend's house for a craft night- and Avi was all over! I had brought here snacks and a few toys- not enough... Well, to keep her occupied-because she wanted one sooo bad- I let her have a cookie. It was her first chocolate chip cookie. She ate the whole thing- and for a few minutes I could actually work on my project.. but after, poor kid threw up a bit. I do not think her tummy was happy. And then today I let her have some sugary cereal that the little girl we sat next to in Sunday school and Relief society had, and let her have banana bread- well, poor kid spits up again. I need to be more diligent. I let it slid this week, but back to being very careful! I don't like to see my baby not feeling well!
Three days no communication with Gunnar- and the last time we talked we didn't even get to say goodbye. Between that and not getting much sleep. I had a tough day..or two. Then today- I missed him. He usually messages sometime from 8:30-10 pm, and tonight it was six. I had checked just in case earlier to see if he had left a message- my facebook was up, but I didn't have a hope that he would be around anytime soon. I made dinner-
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- it was really good:
pounded out 2 chicken breasts, tossed with rosemary
put 3 pieces of ham and 2 slices of swiss cheese- sprinkled with salt, pepper, and some poultry seasoning
Wrapped ham and cheese in the chicken- toothpicked, dipped in melted butter and covered with crushed corn flakes- while the chicken baked at 400* for 40 mins. I heated in a sauce pan:
abt 2/3 c white grape juice
1 chicken bullion
then added
1 c heavy cream that was mixed with 1 TBLS cornstarch
let that thicken up.
to serve put the sauce over the chicken.- yum
We had it with some instant potatoes- I am usually a one dish cook- and green beans. Good dinner.

But while we were having our great dinner- Gunnar was wondering where I was- since I my facebook was up... Thankfully he left me a wonderful message, which I have e-mailed to myself so I can look at easily. Oh, my word I miss that man. I am praying the Lord will take away my fears- and that there will not be a reason to fear... does a wife ever stop worrying about her husband?- or is that just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment